Take Action Now
UPDATE: Just this week Representatives Stefanik (R-NY) and Tsongas (D-MA) joined together to lead a bi-partisan Health Center Cliff Dear Colleague Letter addressed to Speaker Ryan and Minority Leader Pelosi seeking immediate action to extend Health Center funding and fix the cliff once and for all.
In addition to the Stefanik-Tsongas letter, it is critical to add as many members possible to list of co-sponsors for the CHIME Act – S. 1899 in the Senate and HR 3770 in the House. As Advocates will recall, the CHIME Act lays out a five-year extension to Health Center funding to fix the Health Center funding cliff. By co-sponsoring this important legislation, Members of Congress demonstrate their public support for specific action to fix the cliff.
Take the action steps below, and then blast these steps out to your networks so they do the same.
Call your Representative using the toll-free Advocacy Hotline 1-866-456-3949 and ask that they co-sign the Stefanik-Tsongas Health Center Cliff Letter addressed to House Leadership asking for immediate action to fix the cliff. You can access a call script to help with your call here.
Show your continued support for health centers on social media. Keep fighting for health centers until Congress fixes the cliff. Access social media materials here.
NEW Resource Alert
Infographic: The Health Center Funding Cliff is Disrupting Access to Care Now- Share it with your legislators! Make the case for health centers. Download the infographic here.
Additional Cliff Resources
- UPDATED: FAQs on Funding Cliff: Grant Implications for Health Centers After September 30
- UPDATED: Use these talking points for conversations with Members of Congress about the Health Center Funding Cliff.
- UPDATED: Access the list of House cosponsors for the Bipartisan CHIME Act of 2017 here and the list of Senate cosponsors here.
- See the final list of Senators who signed the Blunt-Stabenow Health Center Funding Cliff letter here.
- Generate a printable infographic demonstrating the local impact of the Health Center Funding Cliff using the Funding Cliff Impact Estimator.
- Check out these sample posts Members of Congress can publish on their own accounts and these sample posts you can share from your health center/organization page. Click here for sample posts individual advocates can share.
- Review the menu of actions Members of Congress can take to demonstrate their support for health centers and help fix the cliff.
- Engage the media by publishing an op-ed or letter to the editor about the impact of the Funding Cliff.
- Let us know what you're hearing from the Hill by filling out our feedback form.
Fix the Cliff News and Media Coverage
Get latest news & media coverage on the Health Center Funding Cliff from around the country.
Health Center Funding Information
Health Center Funding Cliff Impact Estimator
Produce a printable infographic demonstrating the funding cliff's potential immediate impact on your health center.
NEW State Level Resource: The Health Center Funding Cliff and Its Impact
This resource, complete with a map and detailed table, provides estimates of the overall impact of the health center funding cliff on patients, staff, and revenue at the state level.
Explainer Chart – Health Center Funding Cliff
Check out a visual representation of the cliff.
Explainer – mandatory vs. discretionary funding
Understand two important components of federal health center funding.
NACHC March 2016 Policy Paper – Investing in Community Health
Read NACHC's policy paper regarding the importance of sustainable federal funding for health centers.
Get the latest information and statistics regarding the Health Centers Program.
Check out health center information specific to your state.
Visualize where health centers are located on a district level.
View graphs, charts, and more with federal health center data.
Advocacy Tools & Materials
Advocacy Centers of Excellence Program
Institutionalize advocacy at your health center by completing the steps in the ACE program.
Medicaid and Health Centers Information
NEW: Medicaid impact statement
Generate a printable infographic demonstrating the impact of Medicaid at your health center.
Health Centers and Medicaid Fact Sheet
Understand how health centers generate value for Medicaid.
FQHC Prospective Payment System One-Pager
Take a look at the basics of the unique PPS rate to health centers.
Partnership for Medicaid homepage
Explore information and resources from this national coalition NACHC participates in focused on preserving and improving the Medicaid program.
- Partnership for Medicaid - Statement on Per-Capita Allotment Proposal
- Partnership for Medicaid – Threats to Medicaid policy brief