Your voice as a health center advocate is incredibly impactful, and so is your influence on your friends, family, colleagues, and community members. Use your voice to spread the word about the importance of advocacy and bring more and more individuals into the Health Center Movement.
Use Social Media to Show Your Support of Health Centers
Health centers across the country are still facing a 70% funding cliff. It is critical that every health center board member, employee, patient, and supporter spreads the word. We must continue to demand that Congress acts to fix the health center funding cliff. Show your support for health centers on social media. Use the tools and images below to make the case for health centers on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. Here's what you can do:
- Take a photo or quick video with a sign that explains why you will keep fighting for health centers until Congress fixes the cliff. Download the sign here.
- Use the Fix the Cliff Twibbon to update your profile photos on Facebook or Twitter.
- Use the Fix the Cliff Effect on Facebook to share a story or to update your profile image.
- Download, post and share Fix the Cliff Facebook Cover Photo, Twitter Header Image, Instagram Post, Facebook Post
- Post to social media, tagging your Members of Congress.
- See tweets from legislators, advocates and health center patients from the #FixTheCliff Social Media Blitz that took place on Tuesday, September 26. Advocates should take to social media to tweet and post on Facebook demanding their Members of Congress act immediately to fix the cliff.
Recruit for the Health Center Advocacy Network
Use our web badges to show your support and involvement with the Health Center Advocacy Network.
In-person Advocacy Recruitment
Is your health center participating in a health fair or community festival? Are you sharing information about your health center at a local church, club, or association meeting? Take along some information about the power of advocacy, and recruit additional advocates while you’re out in the community. Use our resources below to help you with your in-person recruitment efforts.
Online & Mobile Advocacy Engagement
Did you know 100% of the Senate and 97% of the House is active on Facebook or Twitter? Not only that, the vast majority of Congressional staffers think that social media allows them to have more “meaningful interactions” with their constituents. Social media magnifies the collective voice of health centers and their patients. Our resources listed below will provide best practices for social media use, encourage others to advocate, and allow you to engage with us.
Join Health Center Advocates from across the country and post the reasons why you #valueCHCs across social media. This is a great opportunity for the Health Center Advocacy Network to share the value of health centers with their Members of Congress. We encourage advocates to post images on Twitter and Facebook with the hashtag #valueCHCs speaking to the ways in which you and your community #ValueCHCs – help us spread the word as part of the inaugural campaign. Learn more here.
Other Social Media Resources
Text to Advocate
Tell others to text HCADVOCATE to 52886
Social Media Policies
Click here to download sample social media guidelines for health centers. You may also use the following resources curated by NACHC to coordinate social media for your health center:
Protecting Your (and Your Employer’s) Professional Reputation Online(Community Health Forum article)
My Patient Wants to Friend Me on Facebook! (Community Health Forum article)
Anything You Post Can, and May, Be Used Against You (Community Health Forum article)