13 Nov Due Diligence — Thank You’s and Following Up
Wow! What a turnout for Unity for Community Health Day. Thank you so much to everyone who engaged with us via social media, met with congressional members and staffers, and called in to their congressional members’ offices. You all are great and have done a fantastic job of utilizing many avenues of advocacy to uplift the health center movement.
Follow Up is Key to Building Relationships with your members of Congress:
- Send a follow up email to the congressional staffers with whom you spoke.
- Thank them for their time;
- Restate your asks for long-term, stable funding, as well as public and political support of community health centers;
- Invite the staffer to visit your health center; and,
- Offer to be a resource when they have questions about CHCs and health care in your community.
- Reach out via social media and tag your Congressmember and HCAdvocacy and hashtag #ValueCHCs.
*Our movement needs visibility in this digital era and communicating with your member of congress online can help improve that.
Congratulations to each of you for making the effort to strengthen the relationship between your health center and your congressional members and staff. We hope that this day has boosted your confidence in your ability to advocate. Please stay tuned for HCAdvocacy blog posts containing local advocacy tips in the coming weeks. Onward!